Plan International is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Warehouse Assistant for immediate employment.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Organization: Plan International
Job Identification: Full-time
- This role will support Plan International Nigeria Humanitarian response in Maiduguri to ensure warehouse activities are conduct in line with organisational and project objectives as well donor’s expectation and guidelines.
- The post holder will manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with Plan International warehouse and logistic guidelines.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of goods, materials and consumables to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on items movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and Plan International standard procedures for items and goods handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- A Degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Relevant experience in warehouse management
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to carry strenuous warehouse duties of lifting heavy items
- Familiarity with commodity and material stock management procedures in either the humanitarian or development context.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.