Marriott International is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Sous Chef.
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef
Organization: Marriott International
Job Identification: 21039803
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Leads development and training of team to improve results while maintaining standards.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.