Dangote Group is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Senior Technician, Mechanical for immediate employment.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Title: Senior Technician, Mechanical
Organization: Dangote Group
Job Identification: IbesePlantIMech005
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections, and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Enter data into ERP system (e.g., SAP) for spares and consumables.
- Technicians should personally clean operating equipment for effective performance
- Technicians should maintain the tools and tackle properly
- Ensures quality maintenance as per PM schedule
- Reports any break down or stoppages more than 30mins to sectional engineers.
- Carry out briefly- analysis of break down jobs
- Trade Test I in Mechanical related Trade with 16 years relevant work experience.
- Trade Test II in Mechanical related Trade with 24 years relevant work experience
- OND Mechanical Engineering with 5 years relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.