African Union, AU is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Senior Planning, Monitoring Evaluation Officer for immediate employment.
The African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Court on Human And People's Rights
Job Title: Senior Planning, Monitoring Evaluation Officer
Organization: African Union
Job Identification: Fixed Term
- The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the ACHPR; assisting the Secretary to the Commission in preparing Quarterly, mid-year, and annual reports on progress and performance in meeting the mandate of ACHPR and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project.
- Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Secretary to the Commission to the Commission, the Senior Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a robust MEAL System for ACHPR, ensuring that it is institutionalized within the existing ACHPR management framework. This includes establishing policy, procedure, theories of change and tools for data collection and use consistent with M&E resources, log frame to demonstrate results and impact and build ACPR staff capacity to understand and use the M&E system
- Work with ACHPR staff to collect activity-specific quantitative and qualitative data, maintain quality assurance of data collected, coordinate overall ACHPR quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Lead the compilation, validation and analysis of data collected from Intervention and activities of ACPHR & AU member states, consolidate into reports and disseminate for knowledge management
- Establish and promote programming quality and innovation, which will be achieved through developing and improving monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment and learning methodologies
- Ensure that all activities in the ACHPR are continually monitored and that lessons are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming
- Guide the ACHPR Team in designing and implementing activities that are outcome and impact-focused and enhance accountability to stakeholders in line with International donors' policies and practices
- Provide strategic support to the ACHPR for improved project management and implementation informed by Project Design documents, Annual work plan and M&E Result frameworks
- Develop and update monitoring tools to track ACHPR and other project activities, develop and update M&E Plan consistent with the annual E framework, Log frame, in consultation with ACHPR staff
- Update the progress and provide timely analysis to develop and update ACHPR overall strategic plan and framework, outcome and impact chain and intervention logics;
- Support ACHPR management team and staff in developing and implementing organization annual work plans, overall monitoring framework including capturing of learning and achievements
- Lead the development and coordinate ACHPR staff in preparing indicator protocol sheets (indicator description/profile) of project indicators mentioned in project documents;
- Lead the development of comprehensive baseline statistics for key project variables, coordinate setting of target and collect periodic data and information against the baseline to assess and report on the overall progress of these variable
- Take lead in developing monitoring and evaluation tools and process and coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of donors to obtain guidance and updates on policies and guidelines on M&E.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Operations Management, Program Management or Project Management or other related fields of study with eight (8) years experience. Or a Master's Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Operations Management, Programmer Management or Project Management or other related fields of study with a minimum of five (5) years postgraduate work experience in related field.
- Candidates must have relevant working experience working at a supervisory level in MEL with proven experience in managing, developing and executing MEL strategies and systems, in an international or continental environment.
- Proven experience setting up M&E system specifically for Development or Human and Peoples Right intervention.
- Proven experience training and building capacity of AU Institutions.
- Excellent experience in designing and implementing innovative MEL system.
- Good experience working with staff from multi-cultural background, partners and stakeholders
- Proficient in latest versions of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven experience in MEL frameworks, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Knowledge and cross-cultural approaches (conflict-sensitive programming, gender-sensitivity).
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.