The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Senior Legal Counsel - Public Sector Operations, PGCL1 for immediate employment.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel - Public Sector Operations, PGCL1
Organization: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Job Identification: ADB/21/065
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
- The Senior Legal Counsel - Public Sector Operations, Policy and Governance will ensure compliance with the various policies and regulations of the Bank related to public sector operations.
- Ensure compliance of all operational activities with applicable Bank policies, rules and regulations.
- Prepare and issue legal opinions on agreements, contracts and other formal arrangements for operational activities of the Bank Group and Special Funds with sovereign entities, state-owned enterprises, international organizations and others;
- Provide legal advice on projects throughout the identification, preparation, appraisal, supervision and post-evaluation stages of the Project cycle;
- Assist in the design of projects and programs from inception to completion in compliance with the Banks policies and regulations including the project structure and implementation arrangements, financing instrument(s), terms and conditions of financing, and compliance with the relevant policies and regulations of the Bank;
- Holds a Master's degree in Law, and admission to the Bar of one of the Bank member countries; OR a Juris Doctor (JD) and admission to the Bar of one of the Bank member countries.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a law firm, a financial institution or a multilateral organization.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as the ability to build partnerships with a broad range of clients and deliver results.
- Seasoned knowledge of the current trends in development finance and familiarity with development and international finance.
- Strong skills in preparation of legal documents including briefs and confidential legal opinions, and conducting negotiations.
- Effective advisory skills that enable clients and help resolve legal issues.
- Ability to work independently in a multicultural team and deal with diverse matters in a multi-cultural environment so as to foster effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and/or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.