International Organization for Migration (IOM) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Senior Finance Assistant for immediate employment.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Job Title: Senior Finance Assistant
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Job Identification: SVN2021.034
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will assist in planning, leading, organizing and coordinating the activities of the finance unit to include but not limited to the following areas: Internal and External audit preparation, financial analysis, budgets and other financial issues in accordance with IOM Financial Management Rules and Procedures.
- Act or serve as focal point for both internal and external audits for entire mission. The main role of an audit focal point will be to act as “facilitator” to assist in the process of preparing and organizing for internal and external audits
- As the Audit focal point, the incumbent may be directly involved in implementing certain recommendations that may arise during either internal or external audit, including follow ups on the recommendations
- The focal will be responsible for aiding finance, procurementcolleagues, the RMO / SRMO identify possible weakness in the documentations and make the necessary recommendations on how they should be resolved
- Ensure the sampled documents are compiled from the e-filing system and physical documents and labelled priorto the audit commencement
- Review the sampled documents in trying to identify any gaps prior to the audit commencement
- Provide information and explanationsto the auditorsas thought during the audit
- Coordinate responses to the queries raised during the auditwith the RMO / SRMO.
- Coordinate with the administrative centers and regional offices on the responses
- Review, verify and release all payments processed through Corresponding bank platform. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
- Ensure internal control systems in place are followed and pointareas of weaknesses to the RMO / SRMO with appropriate suggestions of improvements needed
- Maintain mission’s bank balances and ensure that mission’s cash reserves are adequately replenished
- Provide regular updates to RMO and SRMO on the status of all outstanding debtors / creditors items and to ensure that they are regularly maintained and cleared.
- Qualified CPA or ACCA or its equivalent would be an added distinct advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with Five years of relevant working experience or High School Diploma Certificate with minimum of seven years’ experience
- Qualified CPA or ACCA or itsequivalent would be an added distinct advantage.
- At least 7 years supervisory experience in financeand administration specificallyin financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payables, accounts receivables
- Prior experience in usage of SA Prequired
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.).
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Wordetc.)
- Prior work experience in an international organization an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.