Federal Ministry of Environment is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Project Coordinator for immediate employment.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Federal Ministry of Environment
Job Identification: Full-time
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the program at national level and across provinces, including coordinating the delivery of activities and outputs (such as workshops, studies and publications);
- Ensure that project activities and results are delivered in accordance with thc required quality, standards and specified time and cost constraints;
- Develop TORs and assist in the identification, selection and recruitment procurement of consultants or other service providers;
- Supervise and manage the work and deliverables of national and international consultants, as well as other service providers and partners;
- Supervise the Administrative and Finance Officer to ensure that financial, procurement and human resource processes are managed in line with Funding Proposal and Project Cooperation Agreement provisions, and that records of project documents and assets I equipment lists, including financial and procurement documents, are maintained in accordance with audit requirements;
- Ensure the timely preparation of annual and semi-annual work plans, procurement plans and budgets for approval by the Project National Director and Project Steering Committee (PSC), with prior endorsement of the GCF Focal Point and the UN Environment Task Manager;
- Regularly monitor and report on project performance and delivery to the Project National Director, GCF Focal Point and the UN Environment Task Manager, including progress. achievements, challenges encountered and proposed corrective actions;
- Prepare bi-annual project Interim Progress Reports for the GCF;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of budget revisions, financial reports (including quarterly expense reports), and cash advance requests;
- Serve as Secretary to the Project Steering Committee, organize biannual PSC meetings, and ensure the timely preparation of meeting documentation (including progress reports) and meeting minutes;
- Identify and resolve logistical and organizational issues under the guidance of the Project National Director, the GCF Focal Point and the UN Environment Task Manager; and
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the GCF Focal Point in line with the GCF NAP Project.
- A Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field.
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgement, results-oriented and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work in an independent manner, set priorities and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
How To Apply
Interested Applicants are expected are to send their Application Letter along with relevant Credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.