The African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights - African Union (AU) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Portuguese Interpreter/Translator for immediate employment.
The African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Court on Human And People's Rights
Job Title: Portuguese Interpreter/Translator
Job Location: Tanzania
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide proper, clear, faithful interpretation from English or French into Portuguese during sessions and meetings of the Court using the standard, clear and accurate language;
- Translate properly documents, primarily from English language or French language into Portuguese, ensuring the highest standard of accuracy, and maintaining the spirit, context, quality, technical language and nuances of the original version, using precise, clear and proper terminology;
- Check appropriate references to ensure exact understanding and use of AU technical terminologies;
- - Consult colleagues, authors of texts, and specialized technical dictionaries / glossaries, data banks…;
- - Keep abreast with developments in the language field, both in the source and target languages, by compiling and regularly up-dating specific terminologies, phrases, lexicons, acronyms and special expressions in order to widen the stock of vocabulary with the aim of enhancing skills and ability;
- - Help develop terminology / lexicons of the AU;
- - Provide consecutive interpretation, when required, during audiences and of statements at conferences, meetings, discussions, etc;
Job Skills / Requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of a University degree in Languages, Humanities or related discipline and a professional qualification from a recognized interpreters / translators school.
- Candidates must have a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively relevant experience in interpretation and translation. Experience in working with legal documents is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and professionalism
- Concentration, accuracy, and working under minimum supervision
- Respect for confidentiality and good public relations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment;
- Mastery of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Tools (TRADOS)
- Good communication and planning skills
- Excellent knowledge of international organizations;
- Computer literacy, including formatting of documents.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.