Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Midwife Assistant.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization.
Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs.
Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Midwife Assistant
Organization: Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Job Identification: Part-time
- The midwife assistant will work under the direction and supervision of a registered midwife, within the agreed policies/procedures laid down by PUI, the midwife is responsible and accountable for any decision to delegate the assistant midwife based on sound clinical judgment on assigned task /procedure.
- Prepare all the material and equipment and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities.
- Perform rapid evaluation of sick pregnant women, including vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, respiration); and concurrently finding out the history of present and past illnesses either from her or relatives.
- Assist Midwife to perform antenatal consultations including screening tests according to the protocols, detect and mention all the risk factors
- Assist midwife to conduct delivery according to the protocols, precautions, hygiene standards
- Assist midwife to perform postnatal consultations during the 6 weeks following the delivery.
- Observe changes in the condition of women in ANC, labor and report promptly to the midwife.
- Assist midwife to perform family planning consultations and counseling according to protocol.
- Recognized Midwifery Degree or be a Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) qualified under the Nigerian Health Care Legislation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Midwifery or SRH especially in maternity.
- Work experience with other ngo’s would be an asset.
- Good Command in english (Speaking, Reading & Writing) and fluent in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri).
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.