Deloitte Nigeria is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Manager, IFRS Technical for immediate employment.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Title: Manager, IFRS Technical
Organization: Deloitte Nigeria
Job Identification: Full-time
- Audit of financial statements that have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), NGAAP and other valid standards
- Review of accounting and internal control systems
- Consulting on accounting principles, the chart of accounts and organization of finance and accounting departments
- Comprehensive advice on implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards, including interpretation and application of complex standards
- Assistance with the establishment of reporting departments.
- Handles all IFRS and accounting technical consultation for the West Africa region.
- Responsible for thought leadership, consultations with internal audit practice and clients as well as the development of managers in Accounting Technical.
- Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- The Q&A technical team will be responsible for the management of financial reporting system of quality control, portfolio risk review, management of EQCR/PSR type review for the region.
- Actively leads and manages the systems of quality control initiatives on financial reporting, consistently exhibits in-depth understanding of clients and capabilities needed to execute (specialist & capacity) projects and committed to business growth.
- Strong technical skill, a strong aptitude for research and ability to develop accounting technical and thought leadership materials that are suitable for publication are critical for this role.
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting and a Chartered/Certified Accountant Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Qualified member of ICAN or ACCA
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience
- Relevant experience from the professional services Firms (especially the Big 4) will be desirable
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.