9Mobile Nigeria is in need of a Manager, BSS & RAN Operations at Abuja.
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007.
Job Title: Manager, BSS & RAN Operations
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Coordinating new RAN nodes integration
- Coordinating corrective RAN/BSS maintenance as required, and assisting the field operation teams to resolve BSS/RAN issues including clearing of QOS alarms, resolving BSS-related outage and network problems.
- Coordinating root cause analysis, network trend analysis and incident reporting
- Coordinating RAN Node health checks and preventive maintenance
- Coordinating second level and necessary back office support to the Field, and NOC teams
- Ensuring optimum availability of BSS nodes
- Coordinating the BSS database management, including network parameter changes, BSC/RNC rehoming, cutovers, new features implementation, network upgrades, BTS/Node B rehoming and packet switch configurations.
- Proactively working with the RF planning team and other stakeholders for deployment of new network features and network improving activities on the network.
- Coordinating the implementation of BSS/RAN-related work orders (WOs) and change requests (CRs)
- Provision of expert BSS operations advice on solutions proposed by various BSS vendors.
- Troubleshooting of critical BSS faults such as faults caused by software bugs, interface faults, severe KPI impacting faults using advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Provision of BSS inputs for cross-technology engagement with other units involved in the deployment of technical solutions
- Participating in major incident reviews, supporting incident managers in identifying real causes and accurate descriptions of incidents and impacts
- Management of BSS teams' activities and evaluation of their performance.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Head, NOC and BSS
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- Six (6) or more years post NYSC work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory level
- Multi-vendor BSS/RAN experience
Application Closing Date: Undisclosed.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.