International Organization for Migration (IOM) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Laboratory Technologist for immediate employment.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Job Identification: SVN2021.22
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer and the technical supervision of the Regional Laboratory Specialist in Nairobi, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure collection of sputum specimens for testing in migration related health assessments.
- Prepare specimens and arrange transport for follow-up testing as required.
- Liaise with approved external/subcontracted Laboratories of Lagos on test requirements and timely result reporting as well as to monitor that quality assurance measures are taken for the testing of all specimens accordingly as per the IOM Migration Health Department (MHD)Technical instructions.
- Follow up on invoice timely submission from external laboratories.
- Strictly follow all anti-fraud measures for specimen collection.
- Perform serological testing for the migration health programs including both screen and confirmatory testing.
- Carry out the sterilization processes for the laboratory reagents and waste disposal.
- Timely process of laboratory specimens and result posting, including Pre-Departure Medical Screening result posting.
- Strictly follow all safety guidelines and instructions including the use of PPE.
- Strictly follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)for testing conducted.
- Liaise with the Regional Laboratory Specialist to monitor quality assurance measures for the collection and testing of all specimens according to IOM guidelines and inform supervisor of any discrepancy.
- Maintain an electronic database for all IOM laboratory testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory with two years of continuous working experience or;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques with four years of continuous working experience.
- Applicant must be registered in Nigeria.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a Medical Laboratory environment.
- Training and experience inTB, HIV, STDs, and other communicable diseases testing is an added advantage.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively, and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Tolerant individual with ability to work with migrants at all ages and from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
- Capable of working under stressful and difficult conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and experience in working with databases and online applications.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.