United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, UNICEF is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a International Consultant to develop an accountability to affected population strategy for the Education Sector.
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Job Title: International Consultant for the Education Sector
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Conduct a desk review of existing national strategies, programs or documents, mechanisms etc., identifying what is and what is not being put into practice. (HNO, HRP, 2018 Education Strategy, the annual school census report, other strategic documents).
- Develop a SWOT Analysis.
- Develop a list of key stakeholders, including children, to engage for inputs to identify gaps and discuss existing strategies.
- Write a short inception report with a detailed activity plan, tools and timeframe.
- Develop the necessary tools to carry out consultation with the different stakeholders: education authorities, implementing NGOs in the education sector, Child Protection Sector, beneficiaries, including learners/children in formal and non-formal education.
- These tools should identify existing strategies and contribute to a more complete Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Establish a plan and timeline for consultations, comprising all targeted Local Government Area (LGAs) in the EiE multi-year strategy.
- Implement the consultation plan.
Job Skills / Requirements
- An advanced university degree (Masters) in Social Science or a similar field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience in humanitarian affairs, human rights, child protection, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, reintegration and development, or other related area.
- Experience on AAP/inclusion, child participation in the field, preferably in Africa.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Innovates and embraces change
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Manges ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.