Egbin Power Plc is recruiting suitable male candidates to fill in the position of Internal Control Officer.
Egbin Power Plc is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Organization: Egbin Power Plc
Job Identification: Full-time
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures; monitoring compliance with the company’s internal controls, as well as detecting and reporting on internal control gaps.
- Advise audit team lead/Head Internal Audit on internal control processes from time to time.
- Assesses compliance by testing whether the stated controls are working as prescribed, consistently and continuously.
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Suggesting to the Audit Team lead / Head, Internal Audit relevant controls that would help in mitigating against identified risk or gap in the process flow.
- Documenting and making reports of identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved
- Carry out regular review of company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Carry out regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Conduct periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Carry out regular review of compliance with NCC dispatch tools
- Conduct monthly cash count and fuel dip
- Conduct periodic review of underwriting and claims operations and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must possess a strong moral code
- Strong report writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.