Egbin Power Plc is recruiting suitable male candidates to fill in the position of Internal Audit Officer.
Egbin Power Plc is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Organization: Egbin Power Plc
Job Identification: Full-time
- Assist in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal controls and compliance with regulations in order to ensure continuous improvement of the overall business operations of Egbin Power Plc.
- Conducting ongoing reviews of all operational processes and procedures
- Conducting evaluations of the company to assess risk and compliance with regulations in order to ensure continuous improvement of the overall business operations of Egbin Power Plc.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Evaluate departmental risk registers review & follow up on action plans
- Regular review of company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Regular review of compliance with NCC dispatch tools
- Periodic evaluation of cash count and fuel dip
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Partakes in audit procedures to verify that controls are in place
- Conducts validity test on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Researches for update on technical subjects required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, etc.)
- Assist in preparing audit reports for management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Minimum of three to five (3 -5) years relevant work experience (at least one year in Internal Audit role).
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong report writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must possess a strong moral code
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good investigative skills.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.