The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Head, Public Relations and Information Department for immediate employment.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC coordinates and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry
Job Title: Head, Public Relations and Information Department
Organization: Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Job Identification: 8.1.01
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work of the Public Relation and Information Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its objectives.
- The work aims at creating and maintaining a positive image of the Organization and at ensuring the dissemination of publications and journals at highest professional standard.
- Establishes and maintains close contacts with the media and arranges print, radio, TV and internet interviews to promote objective presentation of OPEC, its aims and objectives as well as the work of the Secretariat
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department
- Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department
- Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Support Services Division.
- Advanced University Degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or relevant Social Sciences
- PhD preferred.
- 12 years in Journalism, Information Management and / or Public Relations in the Media or in an energy-related establishment with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- PhD: 10 years
- Knowledge of modern information practice and techniques
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Membership of a professional body (Public Relations or Journalism) is an advantage
- Knowledge of energy development issues an asset.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.