African Union, AU is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Head of Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) Division for immediate employment.
The African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Court on Human And People's Rights
Job Title: Head of Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) Division
Organization: African Union
Job Identification: 267
- To provide leadership for effective management and technical efficiency within the Non-tariff Measures Division of the AfCFTA secretariat.
- Oversee State Parties implementation of provisions of Annex 5 on NTBs, Annex 6 on TBT, and Annex 7 on SPS Measures of the Protocol on Trade in Goods under the AfCFTA Agreement;
- Harmonise legislations, rules and regulations and procedures in relevant areas of Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) for implementation of the AfCFTA Agreement;
- Formulate and manage technical assistance programs in support of NTMs issues under the AfCFTA;
- Formulate advice and recommendations to AfCFTA State Parties in relevant areas of NTMs following the AfCFTA Agreement’s relevant instruments;
- Develop and formulate plans and recommendations for improvement of systems/functions/procedures/legislation for NTMs under the AfCFTA to boost intra-African trade;
- Lead and where necessary build upon implementation readiness analysis of SPS regimes already existing in the AfCFTA Member States, and recommend specific measures to enhance transparency, especially in standards development;
- A Master’s Degree in International Finance, Economics, international Trade, International Business/Public Administration or any closely related field;
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant work experience in the area of trade policies and NTMs issues at regional or multilateral level of which seven (7) years must be at managerial position; and
- Experience in coordination of trade and NTMs related programmes will be an added advantage.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.