OPEC Fund for International Development is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance Officer for immediate employment.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Job Title: Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance Officer
Organization: OPEC Fund for International Development
Job Identification: Full-time
- The Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (“ES&CG”) Specialist assesses, monitors and reviews projects, provides advice to the business and supports to the design and/or implementation of an environmental, social and corporate governance risk management framework, all in accordance with the departmental strategy and framework, in order to ensure compliance with ES&CG regulations and procedures.
- Assesses the environmental and social risks and impacts associated with OPEC Fund investments against OPEC Fund’s and international standards including IFC/World bank performance standards.
- Supports the design and/or implementation of an environmental, social and corporate governance risk management framework
- Defines steps required to ensure compliance with the above standards, develops recommendations for client actions and drafts relevant project documentation.
- Carries sectoral and country portfolio reviews particularly with view to highlighting systematic compliance issues in the portfolio.
- Supervises the environmental and social performance of client companies through the review of monitoring reports and site visits to supervise environmental and/or social aspects of clients’ operations.
- Contributes to the review of the development impact of OPEC Fund operations as pertaining to ES&CG impacts.
- A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in assessing environmental and social aspects related to private sector business and across industry sectors including agribusiness, infrastructure and/or manufacturing.
- Experience from reputable development finance institution with a strong E&S practice.
- Excellent IT computer skills in all common applications required for word processing, data analytics, graphs, report preparation.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, and/or French is an added advantage.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.