World Bank Group is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Energy Specialist.
The World Bank Grpup is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions.
In fiscal year 2018, it committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members.
Job Title: Energy Specialist
Organization: World Bank Group
Job Identification: req11578
Job Duties / Responsibility
- Lead technical engineering work (policy dialogue, lending and supervision, AAA) for Projects of the Nigeria Energy Sector Portfolio especially on transmission, distribution and off grid renewable energy applications;
- Work as core team member on procurement of transmission SCADA, smart meters, mini grid development, solar home systems, solar rooftop development teams on technical aspects and project management;
- Create partnerships with Nigerian stakeholders as well as donors on design and implementation of energy sector interventions;
- Supporting teams on strategic energy issues and implementation of the sub-region’s access agenda including implementation of Nigeria Electrification Program, increasing the participation of the private sector in energy;
- Actively participate in overseeing World Bank-supported energy country program in Nigeria with the aim to enhance quality and pro-poor focus and accelerate implementation;
- Work with IFC and MIGA for a WBG collaboration on potential PPP opportunities in Nigeria;
- Develop and maintain close relationships with local public and private stakeholders, support policy dialogue and keep abreast of developments in the energy sector.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Minimum education level is Master's Degree as follows: a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with at least two years of experience on technical / engineering aspects of transmission or distribution sector (including off grid applications) of power sector is essential and a Master's level Degree in Engineering, Energy Planning, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent area;
- At least 5 years of total relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to engage credibly on a range of issues in the energy sector in different regions;
- Prior experience of having worked in Nigeria power sector based in Nigeria for at least two years is essential requirement;
- Operational experience in recent technological advancements and business models;
- Operational experience in the following areas is highly desirable: energy policy and tariff regulation analysis and advisory, utility regulation, power market development and regional integration, off-grid electrification, gas-to-power Value Chain, project development and execution, utility commercialization and project finance;
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments;
- Problem solving and solution driven approach backed by a passion for cross sectoral development challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, passion for development, ability to work different stakeholders and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.