The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Energy Models Analyst for immediate employment.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC coordinates and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry
Job Title: Energy Models Analyst
Organization: Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Job Identification: 5.4.01
- To ensure adequate development of the modeling capabilities of the Department and to supervise the development and maintenance of medium- to long-term modeling systems; to coordinate and be responsible for running the models; and to coordinate, carry out or contribute to studies based on a modeled approach.
- Ensures and supervises the development of medium- and long-term modeling systems made by the OPEC Secretariat or by outside consultants and to co-ordinate for running the models
- Ensures the maintenance of proper specifications of the models in use, keeps OPEC Secretariat methodologies continually under review and provides general guidelines for improving methodologies for the models in the Department
- Conducts or contributes to studies based on a modeled approach
- Responsible for defining the most reasonable raw input data for and running, modifying and updating the models in the Secretariat; estimating and re-specifying the equations of the models to increase their computational efficiency
- Studies and keeps abreast of other energy model efforts developed outside so as to keep OPEC methodologies continually under review
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and international forums
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- University degree in Economics, Statistics or Computational Modelling
- Advanced degree preferred
- Energy modeling
- Knowledge of latest developments in exploration/production (upstream), pipeline transportation, refining (downstream) and modeling
- Broad knowledge of various phases of oil operations and energy related environmental issues an asset
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.