OPEC Fund for International Development is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Director of Strategic Planning for immediate employment.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Job Title: Director of Strategic Planning
Organization: OPEC Fund for International Development
Job Identification: Full-time
- The Director Strategic Planning assists the Senior Director, Strategic Planning and Economic Services (SPES) in the development, implementation, monitoring, review and refinement of OPEC Fund’s departmental strategy and plan, and manages data gathering, interpretation, and analysis regarding social, economic, sector, environmental, corporate governance and political developments and development of models and strategy documents, in accordance with the departmental strategy and framework, in order to ensure that these resources are optimised to address the needs of the institution and its strategic objectives.
- The Director also plays a pivotal role in designing and managing the annual work plan and budget for the department. This job may require some travel.
- Supports the Senior Director, Strategic Planning and Economic Services in coordinating the efforts towards designing the medium to long-term strategic direction of the OPEC Fund.
- Assesses the progress of the implementation of strategic plans.
- Leads the assessment of the strategic implications of various policy decisions, institutional reforms and initiatives.
- Leads the analysis of external trends to ascertain their implications on OPEC Fund strategy.
- Assists the Senior Director on matters related to policy developments, and on shaping the Fund’s response to emerging international issues.
- Develops and maintains strategy and policy papers.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or in Economics, Finance, Strategy, Business Management or a related field.
- At least 10 years relevant professional experience, including at least 5 years at a managerial level and experience with large international development financed institution or international organisation.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, and/or French is an added advantage.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.