African Union Commission (AUC) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Director, Human Resources Management for immediate employment.
The African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Court on Human And People's Rights
Job Title: Director, Human Resources Management
Job Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Develops, Reviews and Implements HR strategies to address emerging organizational needs and initiatives including organizational development, job design, work-life balance, acquisition and retention of talent, achievement of diversity and inclusion targets, ethics, career development, rewards and recognition, performance management as well as fair compensation and benefits;
- Leads the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of HR policies, procedures, practices, guidelines, standards and information systems;
- Serves as Human Resources advisor and strategic partner to Senior leadership by providing strategic, technical and tactical direction and guidance on Human Resources management and organizational development while promoting innovative HR solutions with the view of overall management of the Commission’s activities, operations and strategic goals achievement;
- Develops a comprehensive Human Resource planning system for the Commission aligned with the program planning and budgeting cycles, and oversee the provision of support to other Departments’ Human Resource planning, resourcing and deployment;
- Develops and leads implementation of qualitatively enhanced performance measurement and management systems, including initiating policies to strengthen performance management, training, and reward management;
- Manages relations with the Staff Association and promote good employee relations through dialogue, consultation and continuous staff engagement on Human Resources matters.
- Coordinate diagnostic surveys, Human Resource audits, stakeholder and employee surveys as needed in order to monitor and evaluate organizational culture and climate;
- Drives innovation and change initiatives to ensure effective and efficient HR support and services and promote quality management;
- Optimizes use of ERP system for effective and efficient processing of personnel matters, providing self-service HR support, developing new HR services, conducting people’s analytics and supporting organization change.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration or Management, Law, Social Sciences or a related field with 15 years post qualification working experience of human resource management in a large organisation 7 of which should be at managerial level and 5 years at supervisory level. Experience from an international organization is an added advantage.
- Professional certification in Human Resources from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Professional certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in applying management principles and practices, change management and promoting open communication and collaboration, self-development, innovation and high performance.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, with empathy, an appropriate balance between the organization's needs and the welfare of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in solving people-related issues effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering briefings to diverse audiences, and to conduct effective meetings with senior management, representative of staff associations, representatives of Member States and other stakeholders.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
- Innovation and decision making skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic & Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.