African Union, AU is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Director, Governance & Conflict Prevention for immediate employment.
The African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Court on Human And People's Rights
Job Title: Director, Governance & Conflict Prevention
Organization: African Union
Job Identification: 250
- Tor provides strategic direction and leadership in managing the operations of the Governance and Conflict Prevention Department in order to achieve the AU strategic objectives and goals.
- Develops and executes the overall strategy for the Directorate and ensures alignment with overall organizational strategy.
- Manages and supervises employees within the directorate, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate's goals and effective staff performance evaluation.
- Drives the implementation and monitoring of policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions.
- Ensures the delivery of the directorate's annual targets in line with the organization';s overall goals and maintains robust departmental monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Divisions within the Directorate
- Manages the work of the Directorate and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organizations performance management policy and system.
- Leads the Directorate and ensures effective management of personnel, budget, performance, program quality, employee relations matters and training in conformity with relevant rules, policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains good working relations and collaboration with other directorates/departments.
- Develops and maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member State and partner institution.
- Coordinates meetings between the organization and relevant partners;
- Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Implements and maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Directorate.
- Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines in line with the organizations legal framework
- Designs policies consistent with the AU's strategic goals and mandate in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area
- Prepares and oversees integrated programs, projects and overall activities of the organization.
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP&s) for the Directorate.
- Manages risks, develops mitigation measures and ensures business continuity of the Directorate.
- Plans, develops and implement Financial Accounting policies and policy to execute budgetary programmes, Rules, Regulations and Procedures.
- Collects and manages statutory and other funds contributed to the African Union.
- Ensures inter-departmental coordination in programming and the budgetary process.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of programmes in realizing organizational goals and objectives.
- Promotes sound financial management by ensuring adherence and compliance with International Public Sector accounting standards (IPSAS), the AU Financial Rules and Regulations, Policies, Systems and Procedures;
- Master's Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Law, Human Rights, Sociology or any other related field with fifteen (15) years’ experience of which(eight) 8 years at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
- A PhD in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Ability to use strong managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders.
- Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks.
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery.
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.