The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Country Economist for immediate employment.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
Job Title: Country Economist
Organization: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Job Identification: ADB/21/066
- The Country Economist will focus on macroeconomic work to deepen country knowledge and policy dialogue, preparation of Economic Sector Works and lead/participate in the preparation of Country Strategy Papers and related products.
- Analyse the economic and financial situations of assigned Regional Member Countries, using internal and external information sources, and determine the implications for the programming and updating of Bank Group operations such as defined in the Country Strategy Paper.
- Examine the impact of Bank Group operations, in the countries concerned, of regional economic integration programmes and make recommendations on the role of the Bank Group in assisting regional integration initiatives.
- Participate in the policy dialogue with Government authorities, development partners, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare Economic and Sector Work and papers on relevant economic and financial issues in the development process and other country economic tasks such as the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA), Country Resilience and Fragility Assessment (CRFA), and Country Risk Rating exercises.
- Hold at least a Master's degree in Economics or other relevant fields or related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an International Organization, working on African Development Issues and country strategy papers preparation.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Good grasp of the developing countries issues, and solid experience in macroeconomic management issues and the economics of development - understands policymaking processes and can synthetize operationally relevant recommendations/lessons.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.