United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Consultant for Inclusive and Risk Financing for immediate employment.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Job Title: Consultant for Inclusive and Risk Financing
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Job Identification: National Consultant
- Develop a list of key insurance stakeholders in country, focusing on providers of inclusive insurance and risk finance
- Arrange and facilitate stakeholder workshops and strategic engagement with key stakeholders at different levels
- Arrange and undertake interviews for UNDP Country Office (CO) with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and collect information and data required from key stakeholders
- Complete analysis of information and data
- Facilitate training courses for CO and government partners on technical aspects of inclusive insurance and risk finance
- Facilitate surveys and focus groups with potential consumers for inclusive insurance
- Regularly advise UNDP institutional advisor and regional IRFF specialist of progress.
- A high-level inception report; detailing work plan, timeline, a list of national government institutions with contacts of key persons, private sector and other stakeholders to be consulted focusing on providers of inclusive insurance and risk finance and initial information and data collected, and a scan of the environment for inclusive insurance and risk finance in a format that has been standardized by international guidelines (IAIS standards). The institutional advisor will confirm the format and type of information and data required for Nigeria at the beginning of the assignment
- Detailed analysis of data and information collected. The detail and approach for the analysis will be agreed with the institutional advisor once the information and data has been collected by the CO
- Reports of interviews with all key stakeholders
- CO provided with technical knowledge needed on inclusive insurance and risk finance
- Consolidated results of surveys with consumers
- Reports on facilitation of focus groups.
- University degree (Masters or above) in Business Administration, Economics or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Proven track record of 3 years in insurance, and finance through public or private sector is required
- Excellent understanding of both inclusive insurance and risk financing markets, in Ghana, with additional knowledge of the broader environmental factors is required
- At least 5 years’ experience in data collection and research and excellent analytical skills are required
- Excellent understanding of key relevant areas and stakeholders, such as insurance legislation, regulation and institutions, industry capacity and engagement, consumer awareness et cetera is highly desirable
- Experience in high-level knowledge on the important technical aspects of inclusive insurance and risk finance is highly desirable
- Experience in collaborating with international and national experts and institutions is highly desirable
- Ability to convey complex technical details in a concise and understandable manner is an asset.
- Commitment to UNDP's mission, vision, and values
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age differences
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyaltySelf-starter, proven ability to work independently and in an entrepreneurial setting
- Strong motivation and ability to work and deliver under pressure and short deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and able to coordinate well with UNDP partner agencies
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong presentation skills
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in and outside UNDP; and
- Respectful of the mandates and roles of different partners, particularly government supported institutions and is able to build and sustain productive and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues and partners across organizations, while meeting deadlines.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.