United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Consultant for immediate employment.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Job Title: Consultant
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Job Identification: International Consultant
- The objective of the overall project is to foster communal infrastructure investment, with focus on the provision of modern storage and processing facilities in rural areas for expanding agricultural value chain. This is aimed at achieving food security, enhancing job-creation and poverty alleviation for the rural poor (especially economically active youth and women), and developing the rural economy for inclusive growth.
- Prepare and submit strategy outline for the Baseline Study on Investing in Rural Agro-Based Communal Storage and Processing Facilities in Nigeria for approval.
- Identify other Ministries and institutions involved in food storage/safety activities as well as liaise with them for useful information and data.
- Identify possible conflict of proposed project with the enabling laws and powers of other institutions involved in food storage activities as well as recommendations on how to foster co-operation amongst all stakeholders concerned with food safety/storage.
- Identify existing communal agro-based storage and processing facilities across the country.
- Develop, distribute and retrieve questionnaires or survey instrument to stakeholders on any existing storage and processing facilities in the rural areas.
- Involve the UNDP and DFDs in the branches of CBN across the country to carry out some aspects of the assignments, whenever the need arises.
- The consultant must possess a minimum of Masters degree in economics, development economics or related field. A PhD is preferable.
- The consultant will possess minimum of 10years work experience in agriculture-related work area, including storage and processing;
- Experience in development/public policy;
- Experience in research and data analysis;
- Experience in report writing of similar projects;
- Demonstrate or provide evidence of conducting similar work;
- Good knowledge of development of economic and policy frameworks, development cooperation and risk management;
- Good drafting, substantive editing and reviewing ability of policy/research documents;
- Previous work experience with UNDP/ World Bank, IMF, European Union and other development agency is an asset.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.