U.S. Consulate General is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Computer Management Assistant for immediate employment.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
Job Title: Computer Management Assistant
Organization: U.S. Consulate General
Job Identification: Lagos-2021-053
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the supervision of the Senior Computer Management Specialist, incumbent works as the Computer Management Assistant responsible for overall day-to-day operations, coordination, and management of all aspects of post's unclassified processing system, peripherals, and integrated software platforms.
- Plans for feasibility assessment, design, specification, programming, implementation, testing and evaluation that include project plans, schedules, and time/cost estimates.
- Provides systems automation, troubleshooting, maintenance, technical support, and management of advisory services.
- Supervises three subordinate systems LE staff.
- Responsible for providing daily guidance, coordination of systems, functions of management, and support services in the Consulate and three remote sites for Information Systems Center.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Electronics is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Computer Operations, Programming, Network Operations, or Maintenance and Repair or a combination thereof.
- Complete knowledge of computer equipment, standard business work processes and management principles, emphasizing strong customer support, and trouble-shooting techniques for Information Technology is required.
- Complete knowledge of mobile device platforms (Blackberry, Apple iPhone, and Android) and their operating system is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose technical problems, and resolve software errors is required.
- Communications skills are required.
- Managerial abilities to administer and maintain Windows Server 2008, 2012, Exchange 2016, Windows 7 and Windows 10, LANs, WANs and Network infrastructure based on standard Guidelines, formal instructions to new users and ability to interface with personnel at all levels is required.
- Ability to plan, develop, package and conduct end-user training on diverse application areas including Microsoft Office software suite is required.
Apply for job
SuccessJoint – A Registered Career Coach, Guide, and Recruiter. Committed to unveiling Genuine Job Updates in Nigeria.